Little Loves #2: Dark Woods, Painting By Numbers and Chicken Pox

Read 

This week I started (and finished) In A Dark Dark Wood by Ruth Ware. It was one of those books where I read the blurb and immediately had to buy it. It's about a group of twenty-somethings that go into the woods to celebrate a hen party but there are a lot of old grudges and things go very, very wrong. I couldn't put it down but the ending was a bit of an anti-climax. I'll pop a full review up on Judging Covers shortly.



Watched

In case you haven't seen my last post...Jack has had chicken pox! He escaped with a fairly mild case in the end but it still meant that we were confined to the house for a few days. I tried to limit TV/iPad time as much as possible but there are only so many ways you can occupy a toddler indoors and we inevitably ended up watching quite a lot of Cbeebies and also Ryan's Toy Reviews on the iPad. I'm not sure how Jack stumbled across Ryan but the kid has over two million Youtube subscribers just for playing with his toys! Jack loves watching him and often talks about him like he's a close personal friend.



Heard

You know when you've been holed up indoors for so long that even getting in the car to go to work feels a bit exciting? That. I have a DIY CD in the car with a real eclectic bunch of songs on it. This song by 90's indie band, Space, is one of my favourites. Even though it's 20 years old I think it's one of those songs that would still do well if it were released now. It was nice to crank down the windows and sing along.


Made

Another indoor activity we did this week was painting by numbers. I used to love doing these as a kid but unfortunately the concept was a bit lost on Jack who didn't really stick to the numbers and just splodged wherever he wanted!


Wore

Finally the spots cleared up and we were able to wear our coats, hats and wellies and go for a muddy stomp around Normanby Hall - a local stately home with lovely gardens. We saw some peacocks, fed the ducks and even saw a baby deer trundling around. Frankly it was just nice to be back in civilization.


And lastly...

Had to share this. After a rubbish week Carl brought me some 'romantic' gifts to cheer me up. If you can call Fridge Raiders and films about mutant cannibals romantic that is! Still, the wine went down well.


Happy Friday and I hope you all have a lovely Easter x


3 comments:

  1. Hurray for spots clearing up, laughing at romantic items hahahaha and book sounds good too. Lovely to get out in the woods. Happy Easter. #littleloves

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad Jack's spots have cleared up enough so you can get outside again. It's so boring being stuck in for them and you. Ha ha love those 'romantic' gifts, he has one up on my other half anyway, can't remember the last time Mr Romance bought me anything 'just because'. Have a great weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the 'romantic treats'! Looks like things my husband would buy!
    So pleased the chicken pox are on their way out, so horrible when little ones are poorly.
    Hope you had a lovely Easter weekend xx

    ReplyDelete