If CBeebies Characters Branched Out...

So, Mr Bloom is joining Hollyoaks.

Am I the only one who feels a bit weird about this? Obviously I realise that Mr Bloom isn't really a gardener with a deep rooted (no pun intended) desire to educate small children about the beauty of nature. He is an actor called Ben Faulks who is clearly looking to further his career by taking a step away from talking vegetables. Which, to be fair, is probably a wise move.

But when you have become so accustomed to seeing a face on children's TV (particularly one as lovely as his) the prospect of them joining an actual adult show dealing with actual adult issues is a bit bewildering. Something in my brain can't quite accept it. He'll be all serious and there'll be no singing and imagine...just imagine if he gets embroiled in some sordid affair with a McQueen. Urgh, just...no.

It got me thinking...what if other CBeebies characters decide to branch out into grown up telly? The results could be quite terrifying interesting.

Mr Maker does 60 Minute Makeover
This could actually happen. He's got the credentials - crafty, imaginative and familiar with the premise of making something within an allocated time frame. He'd have to up his game a bit and stop creating such pointless tat though. Nobody would want to come home to find their soft furnishings replaced with 'rock monsters' and 'bugs in jars'.

PC Plum on Broadchurch
If Broadchurch returns for a third series I think PC Plum should be introduced as David Tenant's younger, camper brother who has finally left their Scottish hometown in search of some serious police work. I'm unsure as to how successful he'd be given how much he likes to piss about singing, dancing and bike riding though - maybe he would have been better in The Bill as Reg Hollis's sidekick.


Chris and Pui on This Morning
With their infectious cheer and on screen chemistry, I think Chris and Pui could give Phil and Holly a run for their money.

Katie does Masterchef
I could see Katie Ashcroft from I Can Cook as a judge on Masterchef but she'd have to get a bit tougher and stop telling everyone that their culinary creations looked 'super yummy' when they really, really don't. And just imagine her doing her boingy boingy spring onion dance...I reckon Gregg Wallace's face would look something like this.


Justin Fletcher on The Jeremy Kyle Show
Both of these men are loud, annoying and a little bit in love with themselves. But Justin Fletcher has the patience of a saint (the man spends his life getting custard pied for a living!) so I think he would deal with the reprobates in a slightly kinder fashion than JK. Maybe he could sack Graham and have Robert dealing with aftercare?

Dr Ranj does Embarrassing Bodies
Let's face it, the only difference between Get Well Soon and Embarrassing Bodies is that Dr Ranj would find himself examining the sweaty, boil ridden nether regions of actual humans rather than cute little puppets. Other than that, the frank discussions on all things poo and bogey related remain the same.

Topsy and Tim on Eastenders
Following in their mother's footsteps, it'd be nice to see the twintastic tots joining the cast of Eastenders. After the demise of Lucy Beale there's a gap for a new set of twins. Perhaps they could join as the secret love children of Phil Mitchell and be written into some sort of anti social youth storyline. It would make a change to see them wreaking havoc on the Square instead of being so flipping well behaved.

Can you think of any other potential career moves for CBeebies characters? How do you feel about Mr Bloom joining Hollyoaks and the distinct possibility of him being killed off by a flying car door (ala Maddie) in their 6-monthly cast cleanse disaster?

14 comments:

  1. Mr Bloom on Hollyoaks....Eek! It will be so strange watching him!
    hahaha! This is genius! I would love to see Justin Fletcher on the Jeremy Kyle show!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha me too...The Justin Fletcher Show has a real ring to it, don't you think?
      Thanks for reading :) x

      Delete
    2. Ha! I love the idea of The Justin Fletcher Show. Great post, made me laugh on the train. Now getting funny looks :-)

      Delete
  2. Love it! If Mr Bloom is joining Hollyoaks I might start watching!
    Incidentally, I would totally watch Justin Fletcher on Jeremy Kyle! Did you know Archie from Balamory is already a potty-mouthed stand-up, as is the blind guy from Me Too...
    Thanks for linking up with the Weekend Blog Hop, and being thoroughly entertaining!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not know this. The world's gone mad!
      Thanks for reading :) x

      Delete
  3. Love it! If Mr Bloom is joining Hollyoaks I might start watching!
    Incidentally, I would totally watch Justin Fletcher on Jeremy Kyle! Did you know Archie from Balamory is already a potty-mouthed stand-up, as is the blind guy from Me Too...
    Thanks for linking up with the Weekend Blog Hop, and being thoroughly entertaining!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually can't get my head around Mr Bloom, sorry I mean Ben Faulks being on Hollyoaks - it's going to be SO wierd!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urgh, I know. It's not right. I mean I wish him all the best but...just, no.
      Thanks for reading :) x

      Delete
  5. It's almost as weird as when Nick from My Family went into "serious" acting.
    To be fair half the cast of Balamory & Me Too have gone the other way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always find it strange when I see the guy who was a serial killer in Eastenders (Lucas?) in Old Jack's Boat too...
      Thanks for reading :) x

      Delete
  6. This is over 6 months too late but having a look through some posts and this made me laugh my socks off!
    I too squealed when I read about Mr Bloom being on Hollyoaks, it just seems morally wrong.. but I remember him walking in on Emmerdale a couple years ago as a physio and being shocked beyond words! I branded him a fake from that instant on. Hubby laughs when he comes on and I mention it.
    I'm all up for Mr Maker on 60 minute - that'd be class entertainment and yes please do something about them too cheery twins! ..they'd definitely be related to Sharon who's the most irritating person! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never knew Mr Bloom had been on Emmerdale! Gosh, he gets around doesn't he. He's clearly DYING to break free from his allotment lol! And yes I wholeheartedly agree about Sharon...maybe they could be her long lost stepchildren or something. Thanks for taking the time to read my posts, means a lot :) xx

      Delete
  7. It wasn't that weird with Mr bloom was it? I thought it was hilarious in the beginning! And i knew about Archie from balamory being a comedian, apparently he doesn't like to talk about it. Haha! Xx
    Whimsicalmumblings@ymail.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, did you know Dr Ranj is a real doctor? I find that funny for some reason!

      Delete